Community Development School
CDS provides you with tools to evaluate yourself and to assess the community you will be in. Having a deeper understanding of community development from a Biblical based world view will help you understand the difference between development and relief. By discovering more about the “Kingdom of God” you will begin to understand that “development begins with me”.
The curriculum is designed to help you develop a solid, basic working knowledge of development, scripture-based development values, fundamental skills, Godly character, and good relationships.
The twelve-week lecture phase includes:
- Principles of Community Transformation
- Role of the Local Church as Hope Centers in a Community
- Biblical Worldview for Development
- Cross-cultural Relationships and Skills
- Team and group dynamics
- Community assessment
- Church planting and multiplication
- Basics of Community infrastructure systems, such as sustainable agriculture, primary health care, business, appropriate technology, environmental stewardship, and micro-business enterprises.