Couples and Family Counseling School
The Couples & Family Counseling School is designed with a biblical perspective to help train and equip students in systemic theory, practice, and ministry for healthy lifestyle changes.
The course introduces at least seven systemic models of family counseling and therapy.
- Systemic thinking & theory from individual to interpersonal
- Biblical worldview of marriage & family
- Systemic work with individuals
- The family life cycle, transitions, & change
- Family coordination through communication
- Emotions, attachments, & systems
- Different integrative models of family counseling & therapy
- Assessment skills & interventions that help facilitate recovery from dysfunction such as: addictions, eating disorders, abuse, violence, loss, boundary, gender and sexuality issues
- Reflecting teams and process